On these pages you will find articles we’ve written highlighting some of the noteworthy and/or unusual instruments that Darnton & Hersh Fine Violins has handled, along with photographs of the instruments.
Several additional articles we’ve authored have been published in the Cozio Archives of the Tarisio website (registering for a free Tarisio login may be required to view these):
- How the US-Born Alfred Lanini Helped to Bring Milanese Making to California After His Early Studies in Italy with Riccardo Antoniazzi and Celeste Farotti
- Monteverdi to Goffriller: The Advent of Baroque Music in Venice, 1613–1742
- The Bows of Nikolai Kittel
- Late Period Stradivari Cellos, Part 1: The “Bein, Fruh”
- Late Period Stradivari Cellos, Part 2: The “Vaslin Composite”
- The Mantegazza Family: An overview of one of the earliest violin workshops to specialize in repairing as well as making new instruments